About Me

My photo
I am a farmer's wife,runner and a mother of two boys. I help my husband with our farming business. I did my first marathon in October 2010 and loved every minute of it. I'm now looking to do my 4th marathon in Little Rock, AR

Friday, April 15, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

I've been  tagged by Leah@ChansingAlanta  for the Stylish Blogger Award. 


1.  The tradition  of this award is to tell 7 random things about myself. 

2.  Pay it forward  to other amazing blogs.



1.  I'm scared to death of the dark.  I do a lot of my running before work in the dark.  It's great  running in the mornings when I have a running partner. My partner and I  haven't been able to get together much this year, so I'm running SOLO. When I'm  running by myself  I'm always packing, my pepper spray that is.


2.  I have panic attacks.  Did you know they have  a 12 step program for panic attacks. I went through the program.   I'll always have panic attacks, but now I know how to deal with them better. 

3.  Before I met my husband I was anorexic.  I thought if I was skinny life would be great. But, in reality my life was far from great.  I  would like to thank my husband for being my Saving Grace.



4.  I use to  do this.  I quit cold turkey before I had my children. I know, what a nasty habit.  Do you see pattern with me.  I  had a lot of bad habits.


5.  Seven years ago I weighted 250 lbs.  I don't remember the way I looked, but I remember how I felt. As you can see I have been at both ends of the spectrum, when it comes to weight.





6.  One of my favorite candy bars is Almond Joy.  Chocolate, coconut and nuts  all together, it just doesn't get any better than that.

ALMOND JOY Snack Size Bars


7.  I married at  the age of  26  to an amazing man.  We got married in my husbands  house where his dad grew up. We had a very small wedding.  Because, I'm not  to crazy about being the center of attention when theirs lots of people. 


Paying it Forward to some other great blogs. You should them check out.



9 comments:

  1. I totally related to so much on your list! No wonder we are bloggie friends!

    1. Not afraid of the dark, but I can't see in the dark, so I'm constantly thinking there are cows loose on the freeway and stuff. That freaks me out!

    2. I used to have anxiety attacks a lot. I think they are different from panic attacks. I don't get them much anymore. I use to have REALLY bad restless leg syndrome, too, but that is rare these days (Thank you GOD!).

    3. I wasn't anorexic, but at one point I was so thin that my best friend thought I was and did an "intervention" on me.

    4. I smoked for a long time. The first thing I wanted after coming home from the hospital after having my first baby was a drink and a smoke.

    5. The feeling of heavy is so difficult - not being able to easily cross my legs used to drive me nuts when I was heavier.

    6. Almond Joy's rock! I love coconut! Skor bars remain my favorite, though.

    7. I also chose a small outdoor non-traditional wedding - with no frills - because I did not want to be the center of attention. We had it catered, but I kept telling everyone that it was going to be like a backyard BBQ and very casual. I remember looking out the window as I finished dressing and seeing all the hoopla outdoors below and my dad came in and said "some BBQ, huh?" - I almost cried and said "it's turned into a freaking wedding". HA! We had a good laugh and then partied it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing these things!! sounds like you have been through a lot and I so inspired at how strong you have come out on the other end! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have overcome a lot! Good for you. You are definitely on the right track with your health. I have panic attacks too, they started after I got into a roll over accident on the highway. They started when I was driving on the highway then got worse and more frequent everywhere. I know how to deal with them now, they are crazy things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved all of your random things! I love Almond Joys as well. and I had a really small wedding too. And I don't regret it one bit. It was perfect!
    I'm glad you've discovered a way to find the healthy balance. Both ends of the spectrum are hard. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable wedding pic!
    Wow you've overcome so much--kudos to you!
    Almonds Joys are in my top 5 all-time faves... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the award! I am new to your blog and am glad I found it. This was a great post for someone like me to get to know you better. Look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great! Thank you for being so honest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your ups and downs with body issues! I think everyone can relate to one side or the other. You look FABULOUS though, so I hope you love every piece of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Penny - Thanks for the Stylish Blogger Award ... I've done it twice & I'm sure people are tired of hearing details about my life, but I will give you a shout out in an upcoming blog! Thanks again, have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are inspiring to me. Love hearing your feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...