About Me

My photo
I am a farmer's wife,runner and a mother of two boys. I help my husband with our farming business. I did my first marathon in October 2010 and loved every minute of it. I'm now looking to do my 4th marathon in Little Rock, AR

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Virtual Races/ Running Divas Shorts Winner

Their are several virtual races going on the New Year's Race  5K-by DAILY VITAMIN F

Got the NEW  YEAR 5K done this morning
The New Years Virtual 5K








 AND THE
 Resolution Fun Run over at RUN TO THE FINISH


I am running a  Resolution Race 5k here in Des Moines on January 1, 2012.  With our entry fee we got a fleece running jacket how sweet is that. 



Isn't this Jacket SWEET


 We signed up early for this race and it only cost us  $25.00, plus the jacket.  How awesome is that?   I can't think of a better way to start my New Years than running a race.  


Today I met Rachelle and Stephanie at In Training and we were heading to DSM to meet up with some of Rachelle's friend to run.   We got there around 7:30.  Our goal today was to run 12 miles.  We wanted to get to the bike trail early so we could get 6 miles in before we met up with the other girls. The other girls were only planning on running 6 miles this morning.  

The first 5.35 miles it was just Rachelle, Stephanie and I. It was so great to run somewhere else besides Earlham, plus we got to  run in the daylight.  How awesome is that?  It was  34 degrees when we started out. It  was the perfect  morning for a run.

When we got back to the car the other girls were waiting for us.   We stopped  to get a drink than we were off for some more miles.     Their was a couple of us girls  that had not ran together before. It was awesome running and getting to know some of Rachelle running friends.   We ended up running 13.50 miles this morning.

I definitely plan on running with them all again.

 I'm looking forward to 2012.  I anxiously waiting to see where my running takes me in 2012. 



Winner of the Running Divas Shorts is Kim at Finallyfit2011.  Kim email me at pinkhatrunner@hotmail.com and I will get it sent out to you.  Thanks every one for participating.


                              Hope you all have a great NEW YEARS.

4 comments:

  1. Wow that is a GOOD deal! $25 for race and jacket!

    Happy New Year to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a sweet deal, I like the jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very sweet jacket for only $25! Way to get the new year off to an active start!

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are inspiring to me. Love hearing your feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...