About Me

My photo
I am a farmer's wife,runner and a mother of two boys. I help my husband with our farming business. I did my first marathon in October 2010 and loved every minute of it. I'm now looking to do my 4th marathon in Little Rock, AR

Sunday, December 11, 2011

CLICK WINNER/ Wearing Spandex vs Not wearing Spandex

Stephanie from Running to Health was the lucky winner of the CLICK package.   Email me at pinkhatrunner@hotmail.com with  your address Stephanie and than I'll get it forward to CLICK.  Thanks everyone for  participating. 

The other day I got up and decided I just didn't want to wear my compression shorts under my shorts.  I just wanted to let it all hang out as I call it.  Sometimes I get so tired of wearing compression short to hold the junk in the trunk in .

So when I got to the gym I thought I would hit the elliptical and get warmed up and than do a DVD.  When I got done with the elliptical, I decided to do the Last Chance Workout DVD.  I totally forgot that I didn't wear my spandex as I call my compression shorts and that the Last Chance Workout has some jumping in it.  It's not that I don't like to do jumping jack or jumping  stuff, but as I said early I didn't wear my spandex, because I just wanted to let it all hang out today. 

Thank Goodness, I was the only one in the gym that  morning.  The first circuit  of course called for  jumping jack along with some other jumping exercises.   As I started  to do the  jumping  jacks I hear this clapping going on behind me, than I remembered why I wear spandex to the gym.  My ass pardon my french and thighs were literally clapping together for me every time I did a jumping jack.  That is what I get for being a yo-yo dieter most of my life.   I've literally lost and gained the same 80 to 100 lbs most of my life.  I wish I could sit here and say I wont every gain those 80 to 100 lbs back,  but I've learned never to say never .


 




I would love to have these legs , than I would never have to wear spandex again.







I will say that running my first marathon in 2010 has changed my life. It made me go way outside my comfort zone, especially with my running.  I never thought I could run 10 miles  let alone run a marathon.  Than again  this year I was forced outside of my comfort zone in my running .  I had signed up for the Half Marathon, but I felt  in my heart that I was suppose to do the full marathon in 2011.  Knowing full well  that my running partner would  not be by my side as I was running it.  Lets just say it wasn't my best time,but I was just so darn  happy to be finishing my second marathon.

Now, I'm trying to decide what I can do to keep me motivated for 2012.    It's not written in stone yet, but I'm seriously thinking about running an out of state marathon.  Most people that know me know I don't like to travel or at least not more than 6 to 8 hours away.  I really am a home body.  Traveling tends to throw me way off of my daily routine.  That means my eating habits are not good and I get lazy and don't want to  workout on vacation, so I'm really not a fan of vacationing. 

There are  two other girls in Earlham that are trying to do a marathon in every state.  They have decided to do the Little Rock Marathon in Arkansas on March 4.   They have asked my running partner and I to go with them.  To be honest going out of state to do a marathon is really taking me out of my comfort zone again..  I also know that the closer it gets the more my  anxiety level will be rising. One thing I do know is  that God is always with me and through him I'm capable of doing anything.



                         What is going to keep you motivated for 2012?

           HAVE you lost and gained the same pounds over and over?

Don't forget to enter my RUNNING DIVAS giveaway.  Ends 12/30

8 comments:

  1. Yay, Im so excited! I've been wanting to try CLICK!

    Personally I love traveling, so traveling for races is a double bonus for me!!

    I always loose and gain the same pounds haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should do the full! It is so much fun to visit a new city and run a place you have never been to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Last Chance DVD - I cannot do it all yet but will work on it again this winter.

    Congrats to Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you absolutely, positively, should go do this! Traveling with running friends to races is one of my biggest joys in life. You will have an amazing time and afterward ask why you ever questioned doing it! Go big!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yes, I gain and lose the same 5 pounds over and over again.

    btw, you won my Collagen Sport giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you should go for it Penny! it is always so hard to push ourselves out of our comfort zones...but it makes the accomplishment that much sweeter and we realize how strong we are! i KNOW you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Stephanie! I think you can do it Penny!

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are inspiring to me. Love hearing your feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...