About Me

My photo
I am a farmer's wife,runner and a mother of two boys. I help my husband with our farming business. I did my first marathon in October 2010 and loved every minute of it. I'm now looking to do my 4th marathon in Little Rock, AR

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Focus & Vegan Truffles

    I was so excited to get 10 miles in this morning.  It started off cool, but was good weather for a long run.  I haven't done many long runs since my marathon in October. I better get on the ball.

My Chief said:
Mile 1 - 10:27
Mile 2 - 10:17
Mile 3 - 10:01
Mile 4 - 10:40
Mile 5 - 10:20
Mile 6 - 10:50
Mile 7 - 11:04
Mile 8 - 11:42
Mile 9 - 10:54
Mile 10 - 10.44


When I'm  running I just feel skinner, especially when I'm  doing  long runs.  The other side to that is I'm able to eat more.  But this winter has taken a tool on my waist line.  So ,I just need to focus on getting  out and running more and longer.  I  know how much better I will feel when I get it done, but sometime the mojo is just not there.  Didn't I just tell myself to focus. I know Focusing can be hard sometimes.    

I  was the winner of  Vegan Truffles from Kim @ (Just) Trying is for Little Girls

  Here is the link for the Vegan Truffles recipe .



OK, I couldn't resist. Boy, these truffles are so yummy. I have never eaten anything vegan before.










                                         Have you ever had Vegan Truffles?

             Do you feel skinner when you are  putting more miles in ?

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the win. Those look awesome! I just ate at a Vegan/Vegetarian restaurant today. We had a Vegan chocolate torte it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you have had vegan food before without even knowing.

    I have eaten vegan meals before. Many times in fact. I have a sister and brother in law who are strict vegans. It makes holidays at my parents challenging. My mom has to cook for 2 vegans, 1 vegetarian, 1 flexetarian, and 2 omnivores. She usually make a vegan meal and a meat meal.

    Great job on your run today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure do look forward to making up those calories after a long run :) Those truffles look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice run! I wish I felt skinnier after long runs. It just means I'm more hungry and tend to eat badly. It shouldn't be that way though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You lucky girl! I wanted to win those!! :)

    Chief had some great numbers for you on your run! Awesome!

    I feel skinnier after a LONG run, but I honestly FEEL the most fit during half training when I am running faster speeds! :) Great run Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! A farmers wife eating Vegan food makes me chuckle! Yes on the skinny factor...wish it lasted longer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe those truffles traveled so well! I'm so glad you like them!

    Nice job on your 10 miles.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are inspiring to me. Love hearing your feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...