About Me

My photo
I am a farmer's wife,runner and a mother of two boys. I help my husband with our farming business. I did my first marathon in October 2010 and loved every minute of it. I'm now looking to do my 4th marathon in Little Rock, AR

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Getting my MOJO back

Yesterday morning I  took my sweet time getting out of bed.   I was planning on running 6 miles, along with 30 minutes of  weight training.    I finally got to the gym around 7.30.  Got all my running gear on and hit the pavement. The first mile, my legs were feeling really tired an a tad bit sore from my 18 miler on Wednesday.   Mile 2, my legs are still feeling a little tight.  Mile 3, my legs were starting to loosen up.   Mile 5, I was feeling good. Than by Mile 6, I was  still feeling pretty energized so I tried picking up my pace a bit.  Low and Behold,  I was able to pull out a 9.44 on my last mile.  I know that is slow compared to some people. But Baby for me that is SWEET. 
 
Split
Time
Distance
Avg Pace
Summary01:00:32                                             
                  6.00   
                                     10:05
100:10:31 1.00 10:31
200:10:08 1.00 10:08
300:10:04 1.00 10:04
400:10:00 1.00 10:00
500:10:00 1.00 10:00
600:09:44 1.00 09:44

 I just feel  that  my running this  summer hasn't been great.  I don't know if it was the heat or I just wasn't into it. I know I have been struggling with not having a running partner much this summer. But I'm feeling like I'm finally getting some of my MOJO back and it feels good.   We have however,  been doing a 10 miler on the weekend, so we can get ready for the IMT Des Moines Half Marathon in October.  Oh, How I enjoy running with someone.  


I'm not sure why I'm putting this out their, but I would love to do the IMT Des Moines Marathon.  If I decide to do the marathon, I would be running it solo.    I'm so torn, because I really want to do another marathon, to show to myself that I'm  not just a one time wonder when it comes to running a marathon. The part that scares me the most is the last 4 miles.  I know how tough it can be when your legs muscle are so tired and sore.     I know  at the end your mind starts to play with you.  Last year I had someone to help  keep my mind occupied, which help greatly. 


My running partner did say she would meet me at  Water Works Park and run with me to the finish. That is after she gets done with her half marathon.  I'm sure she will be done a long time before I reach Water Works Park.   That is  where it started getting  tough, around mile 22.  That's when  I started popping the IBP.  

I'm still undecide what I will do.  I'm just going to keep work on building  up miles. So far my longest run has been 18 miles. 

This morning I met up with my running partner for  a 10 miler   I didn't sleep worth a darn last night.  I was so tempted to call her and cancel.   I hate cancelling on people. So I just sucked it up and got out of bed.  I was glad I did, because it was a great run.  We talked the whole time and laughed alot.  Got to love that.


       Don't forget to entry my YMX - Tribal Sea Run Tee giveaway.

                                    How do you prepare for a Marathon?

                                   Does running a Marathon scare you?

                        The question is  should I do the  Half Marathon
                        or  the whole Marathon? 






Don't forget to entry my YMX - Tribal Sea Run Tee giveaway.

10 comments:

  1. Nice going on the sub 10 minute leg!

    Cannot give you any advice. Awfully nice of your friend to offer to run you in the last 4 miles that are the toughest part for you.

    I would put that in my plus column for sure.

    Sounds to me like you are leaning toward the full marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can run 18 miles I think you can do the full! The longest training run in marathon training is 20 miles, and you are super close. I think you can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not do the full marathon and have friends and family in the crowd throughout the last four miles? When I did my marathon I had my family at mile 20, 23 and the finish. It was a huuuuuuge help for getting me through the last part of the race.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should go for it, especially since your friend would join you at the end!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great splits! They are awesome to me!

    Go for it & do the marathon...I will cheer for you all the way from upstate NY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. go for the full! You can do it!

    I'd love to train for a marathon again, but I need to get my base rebuilt at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope I win the tee!

    I say, GO FOR IT!!! If you did one, you can do it again...I just can't even wrap my head around 26.2 miles, so I better survive my half before setting a marathon goal :)

    Awesome workouts...keep it up! your workouts MOTIVATE me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If your training is there and your heart is in it, i say do the full. You only go around once right? Gosh I wish I could be there to run those last tough miles. With you. How cool would that be? You can so do it! Yay for mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I'm just now catching up - looks like a great run this past Sunday! I'm doing the Des Moines marathon ... if you decide to run it, lets snap a photo together! Good luck, looks like your summer of running is going great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you can do it!

    and seriously, this heat is killing everyones mojo

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are inspiring to me. Love hearing your feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...