About Me

My photo
I am a farmer's wife,runner and a mother of two boys. I help my husband with our farming business. I did my first marathon in October 2010 and loved every minute of it. I'm now looking to do my 4th marathon in Little Rock, AR

Saturday, February 12, 2011

FIRST RACE OF THE YEAR


     Did my first race of  the year this morning the  Red Flannel Race.   The temperature was great at 26 degrees which was  better than last year when it was  22. 



      It was a little different this year running the  Red Flannel Race , because my running partner could not run it with me do to  her son having  a basketball game. At the starting line I  was  making sure my garmin had located it's satellite and my music was on and running.  All was good.

      As I am on  my 3rd mile I see a Moose believe it or not.  I didn't have my camera so I couldn't take a picture.  But, later when I was getting stretched out by one  of the students from the Des Moines University lo and behold the Moose came in to get stretched to.  I had my camera so I got a few  pictures of the Moose so you could see for yourself. 





I have never taken the time to do this before, but will in the future. It felt great
  
     I finished the race in 48.32 that was better than last year when I finished it in 53.15.  I was feeling pretty good about my time.  My garmin showed  
                                                             1st mile @ 9.29
                                                               2nd mile @ 9.24
                                                             3rd mile @9.52
                                                              4th mile @10.27
                                                               5th mile @9.06 
I would have to say I slowed down a little bit at the 4th mile, but was able to pick it  back up on the last mile.  I had a great time running with all those people.  Cheers to many more races.
 




4 comments:

  1. Congrats on a PR this year!!! Glad you had fun. I was thinking of you today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the moose getting stretched out! awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the race!!!!

    Hey! You've won something on my blog -- please check it out and send me your contact info. Congrats, and thanks for following my journey!!
    runningdivamom at charter dot net
    www.runningdivamom.com

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are inspiring to me. Love hearing your feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...