I am a farmer's wife,runner and a mother of two boys. I help my husband with our farming business. I did my first marathon in October 2010 and loved every minute of it. I'm now looking to do my 4th marathon in Little Rock, AR
Wright SocksHERE sent me 3 different pairs of sock to try out.
First, let me say all three of these sock were great.
The mesh panels in these socks were awesome. The mesh panels helped to keep the sock in place along with a great fit around my feet. The mesh panels also allowed for my feet to breathe in these sock and stay fresh and dry.
The first one I tried was the Coolmesh II sock.
2. Mesh panel ensure Maximum breathability
3. Stabilizer Zone provides stay in place performance fit
I ran several of my runs with this sock. I loved it the first time I put it on. The material was nice and soft and fit so nicely around my feet. Loved how light this sock was. This sock would be great for summer running. I was curious to see if my feet would be wet after my run. When I took my sock off my feet didn't even look or feel wet at all. I noticed the socks felt a little damp, but my feet were dry. I didn't feel any friction with this sock at all.
The next one I tried was the Running II sock.
1. Friction and foot shear are eliminated by the interaction of the inner and outer layers.
2. Moisture wicks away from the foot by our skin friendly Dri- WRIGHT II fiber.
3. The air space between the layers acts as a insulator from cold and heat resulting in a friction free, cool, dry environment.
4. Stabilizer Zone promotes stay in place comfort.
I really liked that this sock had some cushion to it but not enough to make it bulky. I wore it on several of my long runs. My feet didn't feel sweaty wet when I got done with my run. The sock was wet but not my feet. "NO SHRIVELED UP PRUNE FEET HERE". I didn't notice any friction between my sock and shoes that might cause a blister.. This sock fit so nicely around my feet. " AS SNUG AS A BUG IN A RUG"
The 3rd sock is the Cushioned DLX.
1. Cushioned Dri-WRIGHT II foot bed protects against shock. Stabilizer Zone mesh panel enhances fit and comfort.
2. Mesh panel and enhanced Dri- WRIGHT II fiber allows for fast moisture evaporation away from the foot.
3. Friction and foot shear are eliminated by the interaction of the inner and outer layers.
4. 2 layers trap air for effective insulation from heat and cold
This sock had a little more cushion than the Running II sock in the foot bed of the sock which, made for a nice soft landing. It is a great sock. I think this sock would be great for running in cold weather. The Stabilizer Zone mesh panels made for a great fit and comfort while running.
A little about the Anti-Blister System:
WRIGHTSOCK™ patented Double Layer® construction coupled with the most technically advanced fibers, delivers the blister protection that you need. WRIGHTSOCK™ Double Layer® provides year round comfort and performance with no blisters - guaranteed. Double Layer® delivers the no blister promise through a three part system:
1. Moisture Management
2. Temperature Regulation
3. Friction Reduction
Outer Layer is constructed of performance fibers specific to each activity. Interaction between layers absorbs friction- prevents blisters. Two layers trap air for effective insulation from heat and cold.