About Me

My photo
I am a farmer's wife,runner and a mother of two boys. I help my husband with our farming business. I did my first marathon in October 2010 and loved every minute of it. I'm now looking to do my 4th marathon in Little Rock, AR

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Decision to do my first marathon

I did my first marathon October 17, 2010.  What an awesome experience.  After my running partner and I did the Dam to Dam race which is a 20k.  She got a brainy ideal to run a marathon. I thought she was crazy, their was know way I was running a marathon.  So as she was  training to run a marathon we did not run much together.  I thought a marathon was unreachable for me. But I really wanted to run with her because time and miles went so much faster than running by myself.  So I decided to just train with her but still not do the marathon.  As the miles went up I thought this is crazy I should just do it.  But  I wanted to run a 20 miler before I commited to doing the marathon.  I got the 20 miler in and decided I had done most of the work already I just as well do it with her.  So needless to say I did my first marathonn October 2010. I loved every minute of it and hope to do another one this year god be willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All your comments are inspiring to me. Love hearing your feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...