About Me

My photo
I am a farmer's wife,runner and a mother of two boys. I help my husband with our farming business. I did my first marathon in October 2010 and loved every minute of it. I'm now looking to do my 4th marathon in Little Rock, AR

Friday, January 6, 2012

HBBC Roundup #7



Saturday- 13.50 miles
Sunday- Resolution Run 2.80 miles
Monday- 2 mile bf, 90 min weights/cardio
Tuesday- ran 3.76 miles, 15 min weights/cardio, stationary bike 30min
Wednesday- ran 6- miles, tried to do more, but I just didn't have any more energy.  My stomach has been upset since Monday.
Thursday- Feeling a lot better this morning.  1 hour and 15 min weights/cardio, elliptical 30 min
Friday - ran 8 miles

 
Veggies-2

This has been a tough week.  I woke up on Sunday with a stomach ache. I'm really  not sure what it was, just that it hurt like heck. I thought  I might be having gas build up, I tend to  have that sometimes.    Sunday- I was suppose to  run the Resolution Race.  I wasn't feeling the greatest, but I  had  committed to doing this  race. Besides not feeling good, it was windy er than heck outside.   As  one bloggers says Just Suck It Up Buttercup, that is exactly what I did.   Monday- I still was not feeling the best, but went ahead and  met the girls at the gym so I could get my workout in. Tuesday- I got up and met Rachele to get our run in.  We both had upset tummies.  BOY, don't we make a pair.   As we were running Rachele says she has to make a pit stop at Casey's, so we high tail it to Casey's.  As I'm waiting for her my stomach started  turning and I thought OH BOY this is not good.  I started to praying that  Rachele would hurry up and  get done, so I could use  the bathroom.  Once I got in there I thought I was never going to get out. My tummy just kept turning and I just kept filling the potty.    Once I got done we finished our run.  Needless to say we decide to shorten our run. We got 3.76 miles in that morning.  Wednesday -morning we were going to try and get 6 miles in.  Still not feeling the best.   We finished the 6 miles and than I planned on going back to the gym and doing some weights/cario. Needless to say that didn't happen. I was literally out of energy. I had nothing else to give that morning. So  I just went on home and got ready for work.  Ya for Thursday,  I was  finally starting to feel better. Got a great gym workout in.  Friday- Feeling really good and  was able to get 8 miles in before work.  

My MOTTO  is that I DON'T GET SICK. I have always said that moms are not allowed to get sick.  We don't have time for sickness.   One of the things that I pretty much live by is that unless I'm throwing up, I have to get some kind of workout in, even if I'm only there for 15 to 30 minutes.  I just feel better when I try to do something for myself.  I am the same way with my job.  I will at least try and get to work  and than if after I'm there and  I'm  still  not feeling good or am feeling worst than I will go home. I have raise my kid the same  way.  I believe sometime when you get to work or school that being around people or doing  your job helps get your mind off of thinking that your not  feeling good.  Than after I get there and I'm still   not feeling good, after an hour or two than I will go home. 

So this week has been a challenging week for me.  Now I'm  ready to Rock and Roll with  some running.

                                 How do you deal with not feeling good?


                  

1 comment:

  1. It sucks having tummy troubles....I hope you are feeling back to normal soon. Us Moms can't be sick long...no matter how old our boys are!

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are inspiring to me. Love hearing your feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...