About Me

My photo
I am a farmer's wife,runner and a mother of two boys. I help my husband with our farming business. I did my first marathon in October 2010 and loved every minute of it. I'm now looking to do my 4th marathon in Little Rock, AR

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dam to Dam 20k






Loving the finish line
I love reading other  post.  I like to hear their stories.  I  would say my journey started last year. My running partner and I thought we needed  something to motivate us. So we decide to do  some 5k races. We enjoyed ourselves so much we decide to do some 10k races.  The one race we  really wanted to do was the Dam To Dam race which is a 20k. I had never ran more than 6 miles and Tree my running partner had not ran more than 3miles.  So we thought that would be a good challenge for us. I remember when we did our first 9 miles we thought their is not way we are going to do this, but we just kept taking on step at a time.  Tree has to go to the bathroom  so when we decided to do Dam to Dam I told her I would keep running slow  so she could catch up with me.  That is where the pink hats come in.  We thought we needed to wear something so she would be able to see me up a head.  So we found these pink hats. They worked great plus it was raining pretty good before and  during the race.  The hats helped block some of the rain, plus I wear glasses.  By the end of the race my glasses kept fogging over so I had to turn my hat around just so I could see where I was going.  I looked like a dork, but a happy dork. We finished in 2 hours.  It was one of the most amazing accomplishment that I had done. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I could do a 20k.  So my moto is NO PAIN NO GAIN.  

Time for food

Tree and I after we had finish the Dam to Dam


No comments:

Post a Comment

All your comments are inspiring to me. Love hearing your feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...